Photography at Park Güell has become a regular request for my services. As a Barcelona Photographer, one of the top locations for family, engagement and proposals photos is the Park Güell.
The park is the idea of Eusebio Güell, an entrepreneur, and Gaudí, Barcelona’s modernism top architecture. Check the whole story here.
If you’re planning to do some great photos at the Park Güell, here’s a list of suggestions:
- The best hour is very early in the morning (when the park opens) or at the end of the day. Avoid midday for two reasons: too crowded and harsh light. Verify with Google the best time for your visit and take into consideration that it’s not the same during summer than in the other seasons.
- Buy the tickets some days before the visit! This is crucial. The Park is big and has many places that are free to visit but the «monumental area» has a price of 7,5€ (July 2018 price). Some people come without tickets and they find they’re sold out. The Park let only 400 people enter the monumental area every half an hour. You can stay on it as long as you want, but if you leave, you cannot re-enter.
- If you want the cheapest ticket avoid the first Google links to Park Güell (they’re usually ads) and buy them directly on the park’s official site.
- If you come in Summer bring water, my friend!
- When you buy the ticket you have to specify what time you want to get in. Don’t be earlier because they will not let you get in. If you buy the ticket for 2 pm, for example, you can get in from 2:00 until 2:30 pm. If you’re early or late… Problem!
- Don’t seat on the ledge at the Natural Square because someone from the security area will call your attention. Yes, it’s a good spot for a photo but is risky.